The Clifford Trio

The Clifford Trio

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Phil Gladden

Bruce,

I just discovered Davidson 78 blog after receiving my latest issue of the Davidson Journal. Thanks for keeping us updated. I've enjoyed reading about classmates.

Here's some info:

I graduated from Union Seminary in Richmond in 1983, then returned there in 1986 and received a Ph.D. in New Testament in 1992. My wife, Nancy Jackson Gladden, is also a graduate of Union. We served as co-pastors in Rocky Mount, NC and Roanoke Rapids, NC, then moved to Wallace, NC (30 miles north of Wilmington) in 1998, where I have been minister of the Wallace Presbyterian Church. Nancy serves as the stated supply pastor of the Oak Plain Presbyterian Church, a small church in the country. Our almost 20 year-old son, Jackson, is a sophomore at the Savannah College of Art and Design (which gives me a good excuse to catch up with Glen Darbyshire) and our daughter, Natalie, is a sophomore in high school.

Living in the land of UNC and NC State fans (with a few Dukies thrown in), it's been fun to root for the Wildcats in the NCAA's the last few years, especially when they just missed making it into the Final 4.

Phil Gladden

No comments: