The Clifford Trio

The Clifford Trio

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Brian Cooper

Bruce,

Nice to hear you are visiting Chicago – we're just in the western suburbs, so don't hesitate to reach out if we can ever help with anything. (Meg and I actually met at the University of Chicago, where we got our MBA's. Scary smart kids there, especially undergraduate!)

I guess I have both personal and professional news. We just deposited our son Paul and a lot of cash at Carleton College, near Minneapolis, for his freshman year. In many ways, it feels like a Great White North version of Davidson – heavy liberal arts focus, 2000 students of whom 14% are national merit finalists, similar principles. It certainly brought back memories of our freshman orientation. Dan is already at DePaul. We still have Becca at home, but the nest is almost empty, at least until Thanksgiving.

On the professional front, I had joined family-owned Fellowes, Inc. two years ago as Chief Financial Officer. In March, I lost that role to changes in family succession planning but ended up with a new position just a few weeks later. So, as of April 20, I am the CFO of Westell Technologies, Inc., a Nasdaq company which manufactures broadband and telecommunications equipment.

I hope you are well and enjoy what has been (and is today) fabulous weather in Chicago.

Take care,

Brian

No comments: