The Clifford Trio

The Clifford Trio

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Roy Grier V.2

Bruce - you did include some news from me in the blog last summer. But here's the latest for you to use however you wish. Thanks for being the class secretary. I like reading the notes.

Our first grandchild, Wesley Johnson, was born in Charlotte in May, 2 months early weighing 2.5 lbs. He now weighs 18 lbs and is completely healthy.   This caused me to join Facebook so I could see the pictures, and forced my other two daughters to clean up their Facebook accounts.

Family cruise in July in the Greek isles.  For the past 5 years I have worked out every morning at 5:45 with a group led by a former Navy Seal. This has motivated me to compete in endurance events - 15 in 2008 - 10ks, duathlons, triathlons and adventure races. The most memorable
was a 10K in Vail, CO at 8,500 feet. Planning more of the same in 2009, except
they will all be at sea level.

Elected president of the board of the Metropolitan Richmond SportsBackers, a non-profit organization that promotes economic development through sports and a healthy lifestyle for the Richmond area.  Continue to work at Dominion Resources (since 1981), an energy company headquartered in Richmond, and parent company of Virginia Electric and Power Company.   My role is vice president of Shared Services.   Our youngest will graduate from Virginia Tech in the spring and plans to return to Richmond and find a job.

I know that's way too much, but there it is anyway. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Roy Grier

No comments: