The Clifford Trio

The Clifford Trio

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Andrea Murphy Moar Schenk

Bruce - Hi! I'm sorry it took me a while to get back to you and I just really noticed the date so I guess I'm "under the wire".

Charlie did mention that you're the brave soul doing class notes and that apparently I'm listed as "misssing in action" - which could possibly be half accurate.

I was very actively and gainfully and bi-coastaly (I'm inventing words here I think...) working professionally in acting: TV, film, commercials, guest spots on shows, theatre, etc. with agents and homes in LA and NY.
The thing people clue in on the most is actually the first contract job I got which was three years on "All My Children", I then did two years on another show filmed in LA, "Rituals" which aired at night, and on from there.

HOWEVER, there was a point in time where I thought I needed a "time out" for about 2-3 months (I was doing a lot of flying - one year I flew once a week between LA and NYC.)

Long story short, even though I'm from Princeton, NJ there's been a weird migration of some of my family to the Twin Cities in MN so I thought I'd lay low and have an extended visit.

Ironically, about almost 11 years ago I ended up meeting my, now, husband Carlos Schenck. We got married May 5, 2005 in Jamaica.

The ironic part is he was born and raised in Manhattan and his family apartment is close to my upper westside co-op but we ended up meeting in MN of all places. He's also a doctor, psychiatrist (my dad was a psychiatrist) but what he's really known for (internationally in the sleep research community) is discovering RBD - Rem Behavior Disorder. Which is how I end up "missing". He's invited to lecture all over the country and world which has now ended up being a large part of our lifestyle. He's also even ontv morehan me, "Oprah" twice, CNN, Primetime Live, Good Morning America, etc., etc.

This is way too much information for "class notes" so you can use your discretion. But it is true - I'm very out of the loop with Davidson and our class ( I don't even get the Alumni Magazine anymore...) I was thrilled about the basketball team! As a former Davidson cheerleader I did my yelling and cheering long distance.

It's great to hear you're doing well and this Facebook thing is turning out to be useful. I am slowly but surely tracking down friends and if you are needing to add some extra friends I have a niece who, believe it or not, is up to something like 688 "friends". Kind of scary but I'm sure she'd be willing to "share"...

All the best to you and your family and even better wishes for a spectacular New Year!

Andrea R. Murphy/Moar/Schenck (Moar is my professional name...)

No comments: