The Clifford Trio

The Clifford Trio

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bob Hayman

Hi Bruce,

Good to hear from you. I hope this finds you well.

I've been entirely out of touch for entirely too long. I was supposed to meet Debbie and Dave Schmidt at Davidson a couple weeks back, but I chickened out as the blizzard approached (was driving down from Delaware with my wife and son). But I got back in touch a bit, and it made me realize how much I missed Debbie and Dave, and missed Davidson.

Re. an update, my wife Alice and I are both teaching at Widener law school; I teach a modest range of stuff -- constitutional law, poverty law, disability law. Through last semester, I taught a class with Joe Biden, but he left me for another job. I have a new co-authored book, just released last week -- it's on desegregation, and it has some good stuff in it, none of which I'm responsible for. And most importantly, my son Caleb is now in third grade, and is undeniably the coolest kid in the world, though I concede the possibility that he's tied for that honor.

Hope something here is helpful. Thanks for doing this -- the notes are great; it did my heart good to read them (and the pictures are priceless).

take good care,
Bob Hayman

1 comment:

Brian J. Morrissey said...

Geez, Hook. You forgot to mention the time we got together in Alexandria in 1981.

Brian J. Morrissey
bmorrissey56@comcast.net