The Clifford Trio

The Clifford Trio

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sue Colan White

Bruce - Sue (Colan) White here - thanks for your efforts in putting out this Class Desperation email to gather any info from us who have fallen in the cracks after our formative years at Davidson.

I have been in contact with several Davidsonians, although not from our class, however. I wish I could help with the extensive list you compiled, as I would dearly like to hear from my freshman roommate Sherry Natale. I have tried Facebook and other Googling but to no avail. Even with the social network site Facebook, it is still restrictive to join a specific alumni group within Davidson's Facebook group unless you have an active Davidson email account. Now, after OVER 30 years, who would ever have that? And what the heck was "email" back in the day....?

I will continue the pursuit for our favored bunch, and will keep your list in mind.

I have done well with a nursing degree after Davidson. I have been with Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters here in Norfolk, VA, for over 25 years, mostly as management and staff RN in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, but for the past 5 years as an Operating Room RN with CHKD. I am SO looking forward to retirement, so I can train for my half-marathons and triathlons WHERE and WHEN I want to! I occasionally get to see a Davidson basketball game when they venture out of the Carolina piedmont. My father, who was a USNR Captain, active in World War II and Korean Wars, was buried at Arlington Cemetery last year with full honors - an amazing event for the family to participate in. I have had my own battle with breast cancer and reconstructive surgeries, but am looking forward to cancer-free years in the future.

So, that's my update in a nutshell. I am glad the blogspot has been created - it's been a joy to see all of us grow up and prosper. But remembering the food fights in the eating houses and climbing onto the top of the Chambers Building on a dare - those memories will always be a part of me. Those four years feel like forty to me when I think about how they have influenced the rest of my life.

Thanks for stepping up to the all-consuming job of Class Secretary. I've had a blast reading your Class Notes - keep up the good work!

Sincerely,
Sue (Colan) White

No comments: