The Clifford Trio

The Clifford Trio

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Jack Wilson

Oh you made me laugh with the two month delayed response comment. It is strange that I received the original message since that is not an e-mail address I ever had.

I went there to Davidson for just my freshman year. Even though I did not graduate with the class of 1978, I still get treated with mailings and communications as though I did. I suspect once a Davidson person, always a Davidson person.

I was a bit more motivated by girls and football so many years ago and I transferred back to Penn State University who had recruited me out of high school to play a little better quality of football and to be with a girl I met in the spring of 1975 and who was attending Penn State. I played at Penn State for the next two years and then left the team my senior year. I never married that girl either, but I did get a great Business degree and have spent most of my career with The Coca-Cola Company.

I am an early retiree at this point and I am enjoying the rest after 30 years of grinding it out.

Yes I did know the Namath family, Joe's brother Frank was an insurance agent in the town and I went to high school with Joe's nephew Mike Namath. We even played a game of basketball with Joe in his nephew's driveway so many years ago.

The two who I have stayed the closest with is Joel Golmont who went to Davidson with me back in 1974 to play football. Joel is also originally from Beaver Falls and we were on the same high school team at Blackhawk HS. Also Jim Murphy of course because he has now been the AD there at Davidson for quite a while.

Lastly, my son played football there at Davidson and played the exact same position as I did when I started at left guard as a freshman in the fall of 1974. He just did it 32 years later in the fall of 2006 in what was then supposed to be his senior year.

All the best Bruce, and now at least you have my correct contact information.

Jack

No comments: