The Clifford Trio

The Clifford Trio

Monday, September 8, 2008

Paul Schleifer

I just got back from spending several days hanging around the DC campus while my 10-year-old son, Kit, was at the Junior Advanced soccer camp. He had a great time, and I really appreciate Matt Spears, class of '93, and his staff, many of whom are former players.

I hung out on campus while he was there, trying hard not to be too much of a helicopter parent. I did some research at the library; I ate lunch in the union. If you anyone hasn't been to campus in a long while, you gotta come back and see what has been done. Frankly, Little Dorm, where Kit stayed, hasn't changed much, but so much of campus has, and it's marvelous.
I also got to see Professor Holland; he'd come to the union for a bite, and we sat and talked for more than an hour. It's been 30 years since I was a student at DC, but I am still learning from my professors. It was a wonderful opportunity.

Well, that's all I can think of.

Paul Schleifer

No comments: