The Clifford Trio

The Clifford Trio

Monday, September 8, 2008

Kris Childress

Well. Not much is happening (LOL):

I became engaged to my lovely Singaporean girlfriend in January - we are going through preparations and hopefully gettting married this fall in a series of ceremonies in Singapore and the US. (Unfortunately the Davidson College Presbyterian Church is only available to recent Davidson grads for their weddings). We currently intend to remain in Singapore.

I am now a marketing and sales advisor for several startup companies associated with the National University of Singapore (NUS). As such, I have been privileged to attend a launch of the new iCenter incubator in Brunei (below is a link to a photo the brief session when I shook hands with the Prince of Brunei - the Sultan's brother). I also visited TiECON - The Indus Entrepreneurs - conference in Silicon Valley, CA in May with a contingent from NUS and other Singaporean organizations - representing two of my advisee companies. In my role, I carry a nice NUS name card (makes me look a bit like a lecturer, ha ha) and I have an office in a lush corner of the campus where wild local monkeys ocassionally perch on the roof.

Finally, I got a US phone number as part of my Skype package in . . . Davidson! (Local call for my family in Charlotte).

Blessings and good luck on the notes,

Kris Childress
Singapore

No comments: