The Clifford Trio

The Clifford Trio

Monday, September 8, 2008

Roy Grier



Hey Bruce.

Got your message on my crackberry in a hotel room in Athens. I am here with my wife and daughters winding up a quick cruise of the Greek Isles, including Mykonos, Patmos, Ephesus, Rhodes, Crete, and Santorini. This morning we visited the Acropolis in Athens.

Our big news is a grandson, born in Charlotte in mid-May, 2 months early. He is doing extremely well. He came home about 3 weeks sooner than expected. Here is a recent photo of the young man, Wesley. The grandfather thing hasn't really sunk in yet, but I'm sure it won't take long.

Yeah, I gave up basketball about 10 years ago because I was playing with teenagers and I kept getting older and slower, and they just kept coming. Cunning and guile were not enough to overcome their youth. I've gotten into endurance events in my old grandfatherly age. The last marathon I ran I was able to stay on the course for 4 and a half hours. The wimpy Kenyans quit after two.

Thanks for being the class secretary and doing a great job keeping up with everyone. I enjoy reading the class notes.

Roy

(Eds. Note:  The good news - Roy is a grandpa!  Congrats!   The bad news - one of our classmates is a grandfather.   Dang.   And I feel so young - as long as I stay away from mirrors, recent photos, and any dish involving beans and hot spices.  Yipes!)

No comments: