The Clifford Trio

The Clifford Trio

Monday, September 8, 2008

Jane Childs Carr

Hi, Bruce. Hope you are doing well. My life has been fairly chaotic
lately.

I got married(!) May 25 here in Decatur, Georgia. His name is Josiah B.
Hibbitts IV (but he's just called JB). He's Chief Pilot for the State of
Georgia Flight Department. He has two kids - son in college and daughter
in law school. My 9 year-old son Curry is ecstatic. JB and I met on
eHarmony, and clearly would never have met but for that, as he lived in
East Cobb (outside the perimeter highway that encircles Atlanta) and I live
in Decatur (inside the perimeter) and OTP and ITP folks just don't frequent
many of the same venues. Somewhat against his better judgment I think, he
has graciously agreed to live in my house in Decatur.

Oh, and then a couple of weeks later (once we got back from the honeymoon)
we closed on a lake house at Lake Hartwell, which is on the Georgia/South
Carolina line, and now we are busy furnishing the lake house, mostly with
the furniture and other items from JB's old house.

And also my mom died May 8, two weeks before the wedding. She was 90 years
old, and had been in failing health for some time. She wouldn't have been
physically able to attend my wedding, and I like to think that this way she
and my dad were able to watch together.

And Curry thinks it's pretty cool that Stephen Curry's last name is like
his first name.

Is that enough news?

Take care -
Jane

No comments: