The Clifford Trio

The Clifford Trio

Monday, September 8, 2008

Jonathan Washburn


Man, you really are begging !!! I couldn’t help but get sucked in.



Just looking in my directory quickly, I found a picture for you, if you really want one. That’s my mom, who married my dad, Benjamin M. Washburn, III, right after he graduated from Davidson in 1943. My daughter Julia is directly behind Mom with the big smile, thinking “Dad, don’t take that picture”.

My daughter Julia just graduated from New Hanover High School, after finishing a career of cheerleading and gymnastics. She has enrolled at NC State, and will be a freshman staying at University Towers in the fall. She didn’t consider Davidson, but my younger daughter Cameron just finished her sophomore year of high school, and has already taken a campus tour at Davidson and is interested. She has been swimming competitively for several years, and I totally support her but did nothing to push her into the sport. She’s getting pretty good, particularly at backstroke, and if she earns an invitation to swim at UNC-Chapel Hill, that would be sort of the holy grail. Otherwise, she has said she would like to go to Davidson, and swim for the team.

Bruce, I wouldn’t have your class notes job, even if they tripled the salary…

JONATHAN

No comments: