The Clifford Trio

The Clifford Trio

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Meg Campbell Haynes

So, Sarah is a junior at Davidson now. She had a wonderful summer in Australia and is now checking out the scene in Italy, doing her fall semester abroad. Will, is a senior at Davidson and just completed the required ROTC leadership training this summer in Washington and then did an internship at Southern Command. He worked with Jorge Silveira (another Davidson grad. Jim's class I think) and loved it.

Jim and I have now been in CA a month. But still same old me -- no botox, no bleached hair, no "enhancements". Of course, we're in East Bay area. So I'm more likely to come back to Davidson in Birkenstocks. We're renting a house in Piedmont, CA. It has great views of the bay. Even has a hot tub and small pool so you and Debra should definitely come out! Boxes are still everywhere despite visits by two of my siblings to help. I'm working very parttime but hope to be on a more regular schedule this month. Still doing child support policy and training, but with a different consulting company -- one owned by a long time friend of mine.

Biggest thing in work area was my participation in Nov. as member of US delegation to final diplomatic session at Hague, negotiating an international treaty on child support enforcement. US signed treaty, indicating our intent to pursue ratification. Now treaty is before Senate. I've also been involved in drafting implementing state legislation. International child support enforcement will continue to be my major focus with new employer.

Jim seems to like Chevron. He seems much more relaxed. Getting home every night for supper at 7. Taylor and I don't quite know how to handle it!

Hope things are well at your household. Come see us soon.

Meg

No comments: